Healthy, high protein and full of root veg goodness, celebrate St Patrick’s Day the vegan way, with our Chef’s Irish Stew Recipe!
- 1 onion diced
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 large potato diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup Essential TVP chunks.
- 2-3 tsp marigold bouillon
- 1 tbsp Suma organic tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Meridian tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp frying oil (eg, sunflower oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl or saucepan add the cup of tvp mince to a cup of stock. Use 2 teaspoons of marigold bouillon and boiling water. Set aside and soak your TVP for at least 10 minutes.
- Having washed the vegetables chop and dice them. Heat the oil in a medium-large saucepan and add the onions first, keep stirring for a minute and then add the rest of the chopped and diced vegetables and the minced garlic.
- Once the onions are fully softened and translucent add the rehydrated TVP to the pan.
- Make another cup of stock with 1 tsp marigold bouillon and boiling water and add to the mix until you have the consistency you want of a stew. Then add the tbsp of tomato puree and tbsp of tamari. Stir well and add salt and pepper to taste.
-Simmer the stew until the potato and carrot cubes are fully softened. Serve with warm crusty bread and a cool glass of Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout to enjoy this hearty savoury dish.
Send us your pics, we love to see them and share them on our social media.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Dairy Free Recipe, healthy recipe, high protein, High Protein Recipes, Meal Ideas, On The Eighth Day Kitchen, Vegan, vegan recipe