Our team member, Lydia (who Mancunians may know from Partisan Collective), writes her vegan friendly Banana Pancake Recipe, with Sweet Tahini Yogurt (yes, really!)'These super easy and tasty banana pancakes can be jazzed up with all sorts of toppings: fruit; seeds; nuts; syrups; and you can make them with any kind of milk or yogurt depending on your favourites! Here’s my tried and tested fave recipe to put you in the foodie moody, with a bit of a twist. (Pssst, it’s tahini!)'
Serves 4 hungry vegans
Banana Pancakes with sweet tahini yogurt!
You will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 250g Doves Farm Organic self-raising flour or (gluten free Doves Farm Freee Organic Self-raising flour)
- 2 tbsp Billington's Fairtrade Golden Sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder (or gluten free baking powder)
- a pinch of sea salt
- 350ml oat milk
- Coconutty Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to fry and for the yogurt:
- 200g coconut yogurt (or any yogurt alternative favourite)
- 2 tbsp Sunita Light Tahini
- 1-2 tbsp syrup of your choice (date/agave/rice/maple/golden all work!)Optional extras
- Blueberries (or any other berry/fruit)
- Chia seeds
1. Make the tahini yogurt:
Easy peasy: combine all the ingredients in a bowl and voila! Sweeten to taste with the syrup. You’re good to go.
2. Make the pancake mix:
Mash up the bananas in a bowl with a fork until they become smooth and creamy. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt and milk and whisk thoroughly until well mixed.
3. Get frying:
Warm a pan on a medium heat and add your coconut oil. Allow it to heat and coat the bottom of your pan, then add three or four small ladles-full of mix. Each pancake should only need about three minutes on each side (wait until you see some bubbles coming through the top of each one if you’re unsure!) You can keep the pancakes warm in a grill or in the oven as you cook each batch, so you’re left with a tasty hot plateful at the end!
4. Serve and EAT!
Serve the pancakes with a dollop of the sweet tahini yogurt and a drizzle of extra syrup and add any toppings you fancy! I particularly love some sort of berry and a sprinkling of chia seeds.
Support small business and shop online with us. Or visit us in Manchester, UK at 111 Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 7DU.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Dairy Free Recipe, healthy breakfast ideas, healthy recipe, On The Eighth Day Kitchen, Vegan, vegan breakfast, vegan recipe, veganuary