A thematic, classic delicious and easy recipe, to impress your Valentine (or anyone else to be honest)! Using beetroot to turn your beige risotto pink, enjoy this rich but fresh recipe from our Chef Clara.
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- Generous splash of frying oil (we like Bio Planete Organic Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil)
- Pinch of herbs de Provence
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- Up to 4 tsp vegan Marigold Bouillon Powder
- (Optional) Splash of white wine (we like Wild Thing Organic Sauvignon Blanc, good for drinking with your meal too!)
- 100-150g Infinity Food Organic White Arborio Risotto Rice
- 2 beetroot
- 1-2 carrots
- Rocket or chopped parsley
- Side salad
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Vegan Friendly Feta to crumble and serve
Finely chop the onion, leek and garlic cloves.
Peel beetroot and dice it and the carrot into small cubes.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and add the onion, and garlic.
When the onion starts to soften add the risotto rice, herbs de Provence and chopped leeks.
Stirring all the time to ensure the rice and vegetables don't stick to the pan add the cubed carrot and beetroot and sauté until the rice becomes translucent and the vegetables are softening and cooking down.
Stir in the cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt.
Mix 2 tsp of bouillon powder with 450ml boiling water to make a stock - add 100 ml at a time to the pan. Allow the water to fully absorb and then add the next 100ml. At this point add the white wine if using.
- You may need to repeat the process with another 2tsp of bouillon and 450ml boiling water.
Continue adding and absorbing stock until the rice and vegetables are cooked and you have a dark pink creamy consistency to the risotto.
- Serve with crumbled vegan feta (brand) and a rocket or chopped parsley garnish.
- Add a side salad and dressing (brand) to complete this bright, colourful and veg-packed main meal.
Serve, enjoy and send us your pics!
Shop all valentine's.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Dairy Free Recipe, healthy recipe, Meal Ideas, On The Eighth Day Kitchen, Valentines Day, Vegan, vegan recipe