A fabulously seasonally autumn soup recipe, healthy soup recipe and naturally, vegan soup recipe to give you a warming comforting lunch!
Something we serve in our cafe, here is our Squash, Carrot & Coconut Soup Recipe, that pairs well with a few slices of Sourdough Bread.
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash
- 1 x 400ml tin of Ma’s Happy Life Fairtrade Coconut Milk
- 2 Litres of Marigold Organic Swiss Vegetable Stock (measurements per instructions)
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to pan and fry the finely sliced onion & garlic until they’re soft.
- Peel & cube into small pieces, the squash and carrot. Add this to the pan and season with salt.
- Add coconut milk and 2 litres of stock and bring it to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the squash is soft. Add black pepper.
- Blitz in a food processor to turn the mixture into your soup.
To serve, top with roasted pumpkin seeds or cracked black pepper.
Send us your feedback & pics @eighthdayveg
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Dairy Free Recipe, healthy recipe, Meal Ideas, meal plan, On The Eighth Day Kitchen, Organic, Organic Food, Vegan, vegan recipe, veganuary