Our hot pudding has been a firm favourite, and as a result, a fixed feature on our cafe’s menu for years! Always vegan, delicious and perfect for the colder months as a warming, comforting treat, here is our previously secret Apple & Cinnamon Crumble Recipe!
Made as a batch to be made into individual portions as desired.
For the Apple filling (makes 8 portions)
- 1kg Apples (I used ‘Red Moon’ Apples are they have a lovely sour taste similar to Granny Smith’s, but any will work)
- 140g Billington’s Fairtrade Golden Sugar
1/2 tsp Suma Organic Fairtrade Cinnamon
3tbsp Dove’s Farm Organic Plain Flour
For the crumble topping
- 200g Dove’s Farm Organic Plain Flour
- 110g Dairy Free Margarine
- 75g Billington’s Fairtrade Demerara Sugar
- Peel and cube the apple
- Add the cubed apple, golden sugar, 3tbsp plain flour and cinnamon to a saucepan and cook until apple is soft. Gently stir the mixture moving, to avoid it sticking to the bottom of the pan, and to ensure the ingredients are all mixed in together.
- Leave mixture to cool, put it in an airtight container and put it in the fridge until you are ready to use.
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl. Add in the butter, and rub it into the flour with your fingers. Add the sugar and stir util ingredients are mixed completely. The mixture should be a little dough like.
- Line the mixture out flat onto a greased baking tray (or greased baking paper on greased baking tray) and bake for 35-40 mins, or until golden brown.
- Leave the mixture to cool completely.
- Smash the mixture into crumble pieces that will be put on top of your apple filling to create the crumble.
Making the crumble as individual portions.
- Add the desired amount of apple filling to a baking dish (or dish suitable to be put in the oven). Add the desired amount of crumble topping. Bake for around 7-10 mins. You may wish to microwave the apple filling a little first, but ensure it is piping hot before serving, ensuring to take care when eating it.
- Dust the crumble with some icing sugar for a winter-y look.
Serve with vegan custard, ice cream or vegan cream.
Send us your pics to @eighthdayveg or email them.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Dairy Free Recipe, Meal Ideas, On The Eighth Day Kitchen, Vegan, Vegan Dessert Recipe, vegan recipe, veganuary