A bonfire night recipe as old as bonfire night itself (probably) and pretty unlikely to scare the furry members of your family. Our accidentally vegan recipe for your sweet tooth: Vegan Treacle Toffee.
- 450g Billington’s Fairtrade Demerara Sugar
- 125ml Hot Water
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 115g Rayners Organic Fairtrade Black Treacle
- 115g Rayners Organic Fairtrade Golden Syrup
- A little oil for greasing
*TIP: Read all of the instructions before you begin. Also, when weighing out your ingredients, put them in a greased jug to make them easier to pour out.
Line the base & sides of a baking tin around the size of
A4 piece of paper, with IF YOU CARE Baking Paper and then grease it well with the oil.
- Put the sugar and hot water in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. DO NOT STIR IT! Tilt the pan instead if you feel you need to move it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the now dissolved sugar mixture. Use a sugar thermometer to bring it to the boil until it reaches 140C. It can take a while, but remember not to stir it and don’t leave it unattended as it can change fast!
- When it reaches 140C, pour it into the tin you greased earlier. Leave to cool.
- Once cooled, break it up using a rolling pin.
- It’s ready to eat!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Dairy Free Recipe, On The Eighth Day Kitchen, Vegan, Vegan Dessert Recipe, vegan recipe, veganuary